I found all these pieces within 2 days at a favorite junk haunt. Told myself I was getting them done ASAP. Seems I did-for a change…
A corner baker’s rack with no shelves, a partially dismantled screen, cute little newer table, wood shelf unit and a vintage smoking stand.
With a bit of help from the hubs with the barn board shelves and table top, they have been refurbbed and are ready for South End and new homes!
All 5 items will be at South End tomorrow!
It’s hot and dry and leaves are beginning to fall around here, especially from my big old maple tree I like to paint under to shield me from the intense sun! Didn’t stop these little projects from happening today though!
Bought this little desk last weekend at a local estate sale and I was ready to tackle the loose veneer and unattached rail today with the hubs’ help!
After veneer removal and gluing and a bit of sanding before painting:
Also worked on the two faux rust projects you can see while waiting for paint to dry on the desk. I think I am ready for summer to end and fall to begin! How about you?
I love being back at South End! The time that I used to devote to Serendipity I can now split between several things-including my grandbabies! (They are not so little anymore so I am happy to spend more time with them!) I don’t regret the time I spent at the shop but I am glad it is more my own now. Saying that, I really miss our customers and our vendors!!
It is fun to work in a mall or a shop and I have been doing that regularly lately-yesterday we spent a big chunk of it changing the entry from summer to farm on our way to fall I believe. Here are some iPhone pictures to show you what Connie and I were up to between customers and vendors.
Here are the proper pictures to show you the bookcase project from beginning to end. (Borrowed this idea from Miss Sophia!)
He removed the original backing and primed and painted the bookcase and shelves. Next came cleaning, sorting and cutting the old boards. Attached them and voila!
and with a little staging ~
I have been lazy lately and taking quick pictures with my iPhone. Should get back to the better camera…
Found a few of these little carts the other day (they found me, rather) and I immediately fell in love! Rusty red painted metal, red wheel and in pretty nice condition!
I am keeping one or two and the hubs is building some boxes from cedar boards so that these cuties can be used as flower boxes perhaps.
I love them!
Found the sewing stand (or end table) the other day at a sort of estate sale (in a storage place). Great price, cute lines, not too bad shape.
Here is the Before:
I caught the hubs sanding it and yelled (politely) “STOP!!! I’m using milk paint on this.” Hopefully it will still chip…
Here is the After:
Funny thing is, it didn’t really chip until AFTER I applied the finish coat (new product-jury out still on reviews). It chipped ENORMOUSLY after that and I re-finished it with MMS’s Hemp Oil. Now I will have to make sure it is DONE chipping.
P. S. The new product I mentioned before was developed by another company for their own paint line which is an acrylic. I will use it the recommended way before I determine if I like it or not.
Not only is there no Before picture (it was a plain jane little maple bookcase), the only After picture I have is one with a few other projects and since it sold quickly I have no way to share the project until we make use the bigger bookcase in the garage! Please stay tuned…
I painted the bookcase my classic white and the hubs added the backing. Cute and easy-peasy! Next one is larger and has adjustable shelves so it should actually be easier.
Since I have had this welding tank cart for perhaps 3 (three) years, it has been on my mind how to be able to use it the way I wanted to. Yesterday the solution presented itself!
Sorry for no before pictures but you can picture them I believe. We purchased two rusty baskets at an estate sale on Friday and as I was watching (read supervising!) Hub work on a project, an idea came to mind!
I threaded the chain that used to hold the tanks to the cart through the basket and it was almost done. The bright yellow zip tie helps hold it steady. Now to “help” the hubs to build me a planter box to fit and then it is in the garden bed for real!
I’ll add the complete picture soon (I hope).